Monday, July 10, 2006

Real Estate - make small improvements

Real Estate – Small improvements to your home can be substantial.
By Nan Wood

I just read a fabulous article on this subject. I’ve personally always thought of home improvements as – a major job. I can see dirt and dust flying as sanders, routers and more buzz.

Every time I have had work done to my home, the contractor told me to dump the fixtures and start over. I don’t understand why I must always eliminate perfectly good fixtures and install new ones.

Well, this fabulous article I read suggests I keep my ‘old goodies’. Wonderful, I like that idea so much better. I will save money and still spruce up the place. Where should you begin you ask? Well, here you go:

1. Try cleaning and repainting your kitchen cabinets. Change the hardware.

2. Change the bulbs in your light fixtures. Add lights to an existing ceiling fan.

3. Change the shades on your lamps. Update their appearance.

4. Try using shutters or wood blinds on your windows and eliminate your curtains.

5. Do some painting. Try something modern for a different look.

6. Change the hardware in your sinks and perhaps your bathroom fixtures.

7. Try some crown molding in the kitchen. The same effect will change the entire look of a dining area.

8. Try decorative painting or faux finish where applicable.

Even these changes will make a major difference in the overall appearance of your home. Painting a porch or front door will spruce up your entrance immensely. Just remember you don’t want to go with the new trend. Now that you are updating, do it with an eye to the future.

Nan is an Accountant and RealEstateLady with an interest in Lighting and home repairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home